Front Desk Agent
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Holiday Inn in Chandle-Ocotillo r is seeking a motivated Front
Desk Associate to join their team! The hotel is managed by Highgate
who is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management
company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate
is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New
York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing
Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property
cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing attentive,
courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in,
throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
* Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
* Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed
in the Red Book.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
* Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
* Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
* Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
* Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift
checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification
report, and housekeeping report.
* Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
* Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Computer experience required.
* Customer Services experience preferred.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Manchester , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!