Company: DEW Construction Corp.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our team. -
This position will be primarily responsible for understanding the
customer needs, relationship building, and generating new
subcontractor interest; able to prepare, provide, and discuss
project estimates along with following through on all estimating
needs. - A command of the Construction Management process, along
with less frequent "hard bid" pursuits, is required. The right
candidate will leverage his/her knowledge of construction projects
to effectively provide estimates and prepare thorough scopes of
work. The Senior Estimator's primary responsibility is to plan,
manage/coordinate and estimate projects, with support as needed by
other estimating team members.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential
functions of this position.
- Problem-solving-the individual calmly identifies and resolves
problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information
- Customer service-the individual professionally manages
difficult client/customer situations (both internal and external
clients), responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer
feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and
assistance, and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work
activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, and applies
feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity-meets productivity standards and completes work in a
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work
environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on
time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and
solicits feedback to improve performance. The individuals' work
product, reliability, and communication are consistent so that
teammates can rely on the individual.
- Interprets specifications, drawings and attends pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required contents
- Investigates site conditions before bidding, identifying the
waste area, borrow area, and dumpsites.
- Swiftly identify risks and strategies to mitigate.
- If required, develop self-performed scopes (labor and material)
and review with General Superintendent.
- Reviews design options and recommends the best solution based
on cost, engineering quality, or availability of
- Uses historical unit price and productivity data.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders,
subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man
- Determines and understands critical path schedule and sequence
- Investigates value engineering options
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of
work; prices individual work items
- Reviews terms and conditions of subcontractor and vendor
quotes; serves as liaison with subcontractors and vendors during
the bidding process
- Maintains files of working documents as backup for estimate
figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from
- Reviews all pricing with the Director of Estimating, and
- Provides technical support to additional personnel preparing
estimates for assigned trades.
- Establishes up budgets
- Participates in presentations to clients (if required)
- Visits project sites to observe construction methods
- Ensures all working documents and data are maintained to
back-up estimate figures
- Maintains skills for software tools and technology
- Participates in project hand-off meetings; attends meetings
with supplies and subs (as needed)
- Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, values, and
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Assigned estimates are completed and on time, and done so in a
professional and competitive manner
- Estimates are accurate and consider risk factors and
- Completed projects, utilizing assigned estimates, were
- Positive Company image is made with clients, potential clients,
vendors and subcontractors
- Good working relationships with subcontractors, maintaining
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of
technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum 10+ years of estimating and cost control management
- CPM conceptual scheduling skills
- Familiar estimating projects of varying size; $100,000 to
- Experience with estimating software: Timberline, On-Screen
Take-off, Building Connected, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate construction procedures,
estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control
systems, and QA/QC.
- Advanced math and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
If you are interested in being part of an innovative and
collaborative team, in a challenging and rewarding work
environment, we want to hear from you! We are always trying to stay
a step ahead of emerging trends in the industry. Every employee is
part of the process and part of our success. DEW's philosophy is to
invest in people and inspire them to bring the best of themselves
to work every day. In addition to offering competitive wages and a
comprehensive benefits package, employees are given opportunities
to learn, develop and grow. These are the reasons DEW is named
among the top places to work in New Hampshire and Vermont.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: DEW Construction Corp., Manchester , Senior Estimator, Professions , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!