SR DATA ANALYST - HYBRID 5K sign on bonus!
Company: Elliot Hospital
Posted on: May 19, 2023
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Provides day-today support for analytical projects and reports
that address organizational strategic imperatives and Elliot
Management System needs.
- Provides analytics that support new approaches to system-wide
models for delivering health care and improving the health of
populations including Accountable Care Organization models and
shared savings programs.
- Supports quality initiatives as a member of the Center for
Clinical Excellence team through identification & development of
appropriate process and outcome metrics, process/workflow
design/re-design, validation of data and collection & analysis of
data. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting
the department and the organization in attainment of goals
including improvement of quality outcomes for all patients,
creation of efficient systems of care, and delivering an
exceptional patient experience across the Elliot Health
- Become an in-house expert on our databases and visualization
tools: assist junior analysts in their delivery of key reporting
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports EHS clinical analytics, including but not limited to,
quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure
development, continuous improvement methods, internal and external
program reporting requirements, and project planning.
- Define data source and structures to support predictive
analytics for projects to improve care coordination, utilization
and planning for programs/services to improve the health of the
- Recommends appropriate analytic and descriptive statistical
tools to evaluate clinical performance and outcomes. Performs
testing and validation on data generated and used by the
organization. Audits system, databases and generated reports
regularly to maintain data and system reliability. Provides support
for data governance activities as needed.
- Develops reports targeted to the audience including visual
display of information to assist staff in understanding
opportunities for improvement as well as to for critical
utilization measures and activities; presents information in venues
within the organization as well as to external audiences as
- Facilitates multiple continuous improvement initiatives
including the Elliot Management Systems and committee participation
as assigned as part of interdisciplinary work teams throughout the
- Supports data activities and clinical workgroups related to
accreditation, program management and quality improvement for DNV,
CMS, State of NH, and other external regulatory agencies and
- Provides support to CCE team and serves as internal resource
for questions related to data analysis, data mining, software,
sampling, metric development, use of Visio, Tableau, SQL, Excel and
other tools used within the department.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid problem solving, trouble shooting, root cause analysis
skills, strong analytic skills and experience with analysis of data
for improvement, population health and/or research required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft products including Excel and Visio
required; experience analyzing large data sets and creating
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including
ability to present complex information effectively with a wide
- Experience with medical terminology including use of ICD-10,
CPT and other taxonomy used in medical settings for the
identification/classification of disorders, treatment, procedures,
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments; work
independently as well as in a team environment; and deal
effectively with complex assignments and projects essential.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to learn, lead,
coach, teach, and inspire required.
- Ability to take initiative to organize people, processes and
projects required. Possess high degree of professionalism and
confidence along with the ability to effectively interact with all
levels of clinical and business units and cross-functional areas.
Maintain a customer-centric perspective, lead with curiosity, can
use humble inquiry, and carry a growth mindset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold requirements
related to highly sensitive information; solid understanding of
HIPPA requirements as well as use of information for purposes of
- Working knowledge of hospital regulatory reporting and
incentive programs including CMS (IQR/OQR) , Value Based
Purchasing, Promoting Interoperability, and other similar
- Working knowledge of ambulatory reporting and quality programs
such as ACO, Quality Payment Program, HEDIS, etc.
- Education: Bachelor s degree in analytics, computer science,
engineering, public health, or related field required. Master s
Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or other
healthcare related field preferred.
- Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years previous analytics
and/or quantitative work experience, preferably in a healthcare
setting. Strong data analytics and reporting experience required.
Experience in project management, agile, lean, and change
- Certification/Licensure: Certified Professional of Healthcare
Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA)
- Software/Hardware: Demonstrate strong PC skills, Proficiency
with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Strong use of data
visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
Experience using Crystal Reports.
- Programming: Experience including strong knowledge of SQL
(queries, views and stored procedures, table-driven dynamic SQL),
Use of data manipulation and analysis programming language (R,
Python, or similar) and EPIC EHR. #CRM
Keywords: Elliot Hospital, Manchester , SR DATA ANALYST - HYBRID 5K sign on bonus!, Professions , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...