Lead Histotechnologist - 3rd Shift
Company: Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: Quality is in our DNA is it in yours?You are a
superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got
problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the
drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for
great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity
to grow your career.Join our front line of ! Our mission is to
advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in
clinical laboratory solutions. Location: Exeter, NH Days: Monday -
Friday 9:00 PM - 5:30 AM Full-time: Benefit Eligible In this role,
you will:Prepare histologic slides from human tissue sections for
microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
- Exercises independent judgment in dealing with procedural and
- Examines slides and/or blocks to ensure tissue preparation is
meeting laboratory requirements.
- Trains or directs Laboratory Assistants and Histology
Technicians engaged in laboratory testing and processing
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination
and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue),
embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin
sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and
highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin
and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass
slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and
immunohistochemistry stains, as requested by a Pathologist.
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate,
and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study
- May label requisitions, specimen containers, cassettes and/or
slides and affixes coverslip to slides.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine
maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology
- Operates, cleans, and sterilizes laboratory equipment,
glassware, instruments, and workstation.
- Disposes of hazardous chemical waste per regulatory
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as
well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and
OSHA Regulations.All you need is:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or
Bachelors of Science degree and completion of histotechnology
program required. Certification as a histotechnician (HT) or
histotechnologist (HTL) by American Society of Clinical Pathology
- State licensure, if applicable.
- Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the
American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- C ompletion of a Histology program accredited by the National
Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or
minimum of one (1) year experience as a full-time Histology
Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of fixation,
processing, embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains,
immunohistochemistry, and lab operations. Company:Sonic Anatomic
PathologyWe'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!We also want you to
know:This role will have routine access to Protected Health
Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable
safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as
well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards.
Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to
fulfill job duties. Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:Job
Category:Laboratory OperationsCompany:Seacoast Pathology Inc Sonic
Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates
diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all
employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind
based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Sonic Anatomic Pathology, Manchester , Lead Histotechnologist - 3rd Shift, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!