LNA - Med Surg E100, Full Time, Evenings
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Functions as an integral member of the unit-based care delivery
team by performing a variety of technical components essential to
the ongoing delivery of quality patient care. Performs a variety of
generic and population-specific technical activities which support
the delivery of optimal patient care while maintaining the highest
level of patient safety.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction of the Unit Director and the direct
supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager/Registered Nurse, in
accordance with regulations established by the State Board of
Nursing, Joint Commission and nursing practice standards as
determined by the Nursing Organization, the incumbent performs the
* Performs a variety of direct patient care activities which fall
within the scope of LNA practice as defined by the State Board of
Nursing and Catholic Medical Center Nursing Organization policies
* Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development and awareness
of age-appropriate care, to provide care for patients across the
* Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or
physician to perform selected patient care activities or tasks as
* Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and
changes in patient's condition to the Registered Nurse and/or
Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Performs patient rounds, responds to patient call bells promptly
and communicates with appropriate staff to meet patient needs.
* Provides basic support to patients and families in response to
identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious
* Performs or assists patient in the completion of activities of
daily living. Assists nursing staff with patient ambulation,
transfers, range of motion and repositioning as required.
* Anticipates patient needs and asks patient about the need for
toileting, fluid, nutrition, and comfort measures. Maintains
patient privacy and dignity.
* Participates in admitting patient by bringing patient to room and
orients patient to surroundings.
* Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as
appropriate, according to policies and procedures.
* Performs 12-lead Electrocardiograms (EKG) as directed.
* Assists with patient transport as required and assist in
transporting/obtaining medications, specimens, blood products, and
patient care supplies as needed.
* Ensures safe patient movement by utilizing appropriate lifting
* Collaboratively works with multidisciplinary team, maintains good
communication; establishes and maintains positive working
relationships with patients and families, co-workers, and the
* Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in
relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians and
* Acts as a resource and educates unit staff regarding relevant
clinical practices and procedures. Participates in orientation of
new staff. Performs as preceptor when requested.
* Incorporates safety principles, policies and procedures into
daily practice. Follows all infection control/Standard Precautions
* Ensures confidentiality of all patient, employee, legal, budget,
and Catholic Medical Center matters.
* Ascertains appropriate patient preparation for laboratory and
* Performs Capillary Blood Glucose (CBG) monitoring, as delegated,
and downloads the information into the patient's electronic medical
* Stocks supply carts and ensures equipment is cleaned after
* Participates in routine unit-based quality monitoring activities
such as crash cart/defibrillator checks and blood glucose monitor
* Participates in restocking department inventory and supplies.
Orders and maintains supplies in accordance with unit par levels.
Checks expiration date of supplies and immediately removes outdated
material and report's findings to RN.
* Exercises care in the operation and use of equipment and
reference materials. Performs routine cleaning and preventative
maintenance to ensure continued functioning of equipment. Reports
problems with equipment and supplies to RN and follows Environment
of Care Defective Equipment policy. Maintains work areas in a
clean, safe and organized manner.
* Participates in activities to promote improved patient care.
Makes suggestions to improve the quality of patient care and
services and the functioning of the department. Verbalizes the
impact of process improvement projects in relation to role.
* Demonstrates awareness of and practices cost-effective use of
* Performs designated direct care and environmental duties based
upon unit needs.
* Care reflects knowledge of, and support of, the mission statement
of Catholic Medical Center and of the unit.
* Carries out appropriate duties in all hospital codes, other
emergency situations, and fire/disaster drills.
* Demonstrates accountability for maintaining current credentials
and competency in required skills. Demonstrates self-direction in
pursuing opportunities for role-related growth and development.
Utilizes the self-evaluation process for career development.
Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate appropriate
actions to correct situations.
* Ability to perform all activities outlined in the department
specific orientation guidelines.
* Willingness to identify and take action toward meeting own
* Attends staff meetings and mandatory training sessions.
* Seeks and accepts other duties as work is completed.
* Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
* Conforms to attendance requirements.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Basic computer keyboarding and data entry skills required.
* Requires the ability to utilize and navigate electronic clinical
documentation system in order to enter patient data.
* Current registration in the State of New Hampshire as a Licensed
Nursing Assistant (LNA).
* BLS certified. If not BLS certified, must obtain BLS
certification prior to completion of orientation, not to exceed 21
days from date of hire with Catholic Medical Center. Must maintain
BLS throughout employment.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , LNA - Med Surg E100, Full Time, Evenings, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!