Principal Systems Engineer
Company: Allegro MicroSystems
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At Allegro we flex. Flex@Allegro is our approach to hybrid
working that empowers managers and their team members to decide
where and when work will be done. Ask what Flex@Allegro can mean
PIC IIC Principal System Engineer
PIC Group is looking for a Principal System Engineer to join our
fast growing, dynamic Industrial, Infrastructure, Computer Business
Line. The group develops highly integrated power management and
motor driver solutions for datacenter, and a broad array of
Industrial and consumer applications.
The successful candidate should have significant customer facing
experience. The candidate will work with strategic marketing and
customers to specify new and differentiated products that meets
market requirements, generate technical value propositions, and
help create collateral to convey messages to internal stakeholders
and external customers and partners. The person will work closely
with design to ensure the products are built to specification. The
role will also involve daily management of customer issues. The
principal system engineer will work with marketing and engineering
teams to prioritize issues, guide the team on appropriate solutions
and communicate back to the customer.
- Responsible for the IIC Power Management product definitions
throughout its lifecycle from concept definition to RTM by
balancing new and existing IP to justify ROI.
- Conduct competitive analysis, deep understanding of customer
- Define and defend Value-Add requirement of the products
- Collaborate with Design to ensure products are executed to
- Join force with strategic marketing for product promotions and
collateral generations (reference design, evaluation boards, white
paper, application notes, software tools etc),
- Be the focal point for the sales team to support customer
- Prerequisites: BSEE (MSEE preferred) and a minimum of 8-year
experience in Power Management particularly in
Industrial/Computer/Consumer DC/DC, AC/DC or power modules.
Customer facing experience in a technology support is
- Core electronics fundamentals and deep understanding of Buck,
Boost, Buck-Boost, LDO architecture is mandatory.
- Strong lab and circuit debugging skills
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and Labview expertise is
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and
internationally as needed
- Experience in working across corporate functions including
sales, marketing, design, and product/Test engineering
- Requires strong verbal and presentation skills.
The successful candidate will possess a good balance of technical
and business acumen, be comfortable multitasking in a dynamic
environment, and have strong interpersonal and communication
skills. This is a high-visibility position within the business unit
and has the potential to grow further. Candidates must have the
ability to make clear technical presentations to colleagues and
At Allegro, we are committed to providing a harassment-free
environment of mutual respect to fuel innovation through inclusive
thought collaboration. Allegro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental
disability, national origin, veteran status, parental status, or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. Allegro makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time.
Keywords: Allegro MicroSystems, Manchester , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!