LEAD ED TECH
Company: Elliot Hospital
Posted on: May 9, 2022
- POSITION SUMMARY: 36 Hours per week, every other weekend,
- The Emergency Department Lead Technician serves as an
immediate, first line clinical resource to staff on a designated
shift. The Lead Tech demonstrates well developed clinical
competencies appropriate to the Emergency Department when providing
direct patient care or guiding other ED Techs. Functions as an
integral member of the department's leadership team and adheres to
values under the EHS Professional Practice Model. Has supervisory
responsibilities and assists with annual performance reviews of ED
techs. Directly reports to Emergency Department Clinical Nurse
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Models Elliot Essentials behavior with patients, peers and all
other members of the health care team.
- Performs or assists patients in the completion of activities of
- Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development to provide
age-specific patient care.
- Provides basic support to patients and families in response to
identified psychosocial needs along with cultural and religious
- Performs clinical tasks within the scope of the ED Tech's
practice, in coordance with policies and procedures of the Elliot
- Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and
changes in patient's condition to the Registered Nurse.
- Assists others in performing selected patient care activities
or tasks as appropriate; excepts and performs delegation of tasks
from the Registered Nurse (RN) appropriately.
- Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as
appropriate, according to policies, procedures and scope of
- Follows all infection prevention/universal precautions policies
- Incorporates safety principles, policies and procedures into
daily practice. Ensures confidentiality of all patients, employees,
legal, budget, and company matters. Maintains patient privacy and
- Performs designated direct and indirect patient care such as;
clerical, supply/equipment maintenance and environmental duties as
assigned or directed.
- Performs routine and emergency phlebotomy, collects laboratory
specimens and processes specimens in Point of Care Testing areas
according to policies, procedures and scope of practice
- Participates in professional enhancement activities including;
membership in a hospital wide committee, health system initiatives
and development of educational materials.
- Consults with and/or communicates questions and concerns to the
Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Manager as appropriate in a
- Leads and develops staff; coaches and mentors other ED Techs,
promotes teamwork, and assesses performance and behavior of ED
Tech's on assigned shift and communicates to Clinical Nurse
- Serves as a designated shift resource for ED Tech's during
their first year of employment, beyond orientation.
- Collaborates with Clinical Nurse Manager and other members of
the leadership team, understands the Lead Tech is a supervisory
role and is highly involved in decision making and smooth
operations of the Emergency Department. Assists with completing
annual performance reviews for assigned ED Tech's on their
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrate and apply effective communication skills: verbal,
written, visual and listening.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of growth, development and
awareness of age-appropriate care.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years LNA experience with one
(1) year being in the Emergency Department setting. Phlebotomist
- Licensure/Certification: Current Nursing Assistant license in
the State of New Hampshire required. BLS certification required.
CPI Foundation and CPI Advanced certification required within six
(6) months of date of hire. Phlebotomy certification required.
- Software/ Hardware:
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Keywords: Elliot Hospital, Manchester , LEAD ED TECH, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!