Company: Allegro Microsystems, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Primary Responsibility is the procurement of goods, equipment,
and/or services for assigned suppliers/commodities/items and
expediting as required. Good opportunities for advancement in a
growing company for quick learners with strong computer skills,
ability to analyze data, and attention to detail.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Purchase goods, materials, components, and services according to
specification / requirement in line with the most favorable cost,
quality, and delivery targets
* Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for
money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and
operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
* Establish and monitor inventory safety stock according to
standard usage, and lead time. Ensure continuous supply of required
goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may
* Initiate enrollment of inventory item in the system through the
* Participate in vendor sourcing, selection and accreditation,
supplier audits, assessment, and performance evaluation in
compliance to Purchasing policies and procedures, corporate
Supplier Excellence Program specification, and Quality Standards
requirement. This includes local subcontractors and calibration
laboratories for external services.
* Establishes annual standard costs, provide analysis on costs, new
and existing. Initiates cost saving measures through Negotiation,
Price Breaks ordering, and qualification of new materials from
* Process requisitions, negotiates with suppliers to obtain best
offer available based on requirement, generate purchase orders,
monitor deliveries, and coordinate RMA for return of rejected
deliveries. Check requisitions for completeness and clarity.
* Research and evaluate areas of opportunity for cost savings.
Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
* Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with stakeholders and
suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and
advise of impact of change on purchasing and production
* Explore alternate sources for goods and materials as required
* Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with
suppliers / service providers and review opportunities to make
business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best
practice tools and methods.
* Acts as an interface between suppliers and other relevant
departments on purchasing processes and new projects and
activities. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery,
or invoice issues. Work closely with others in the procurement
function and review opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance
reviews for contract compliance. Compile data relating to supplier
performance for evaluation.
* Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up
good communications. Ensure that a professional and consistent
approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
* Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and
procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award
* Initiates cost saving measures through negotiation, price breaks
ordering, localize sourcing, catalogs, blanket agreements, and
* Performs other duties that may be assigned by the immediate
superior from time to time.
* This position could be based in either Manchester, NH or
At Allegro, we are committed to providing a harassment-free
environment of mutual respect to fuel innovation through inclusive
thought collaboration. Allegro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental
disability, national origin, veteran status, parental status, or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. Allegro makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time.
Keywords: Allegro Microsystems, Inc., Manchester , Buyer, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!