SCHEDULING COORDINATOR - VNA of Manchester
Company: Solution Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYCoordinates home care/hospice services to
clients and ensures the availability of staff while maintaining
ongoing communication with field staff and clients of all ages
schedules all patient visits and maintains accurate personnel
schedules. Ensures effective, safe and responsive service delivery.
Works collaboratively with a clinical team, based in a geographical
area assigned to a specific Clinical Manager. Provides
administrative support to Clinical Manager and the team.KEY
- Creates and maintains scheduling templates for clinicians.
- Schedules visit sets according to physician orders created by
- Schedules patient visits utilizing staff, per diem and contract
- Assists other members of the scheduling team, ensuring work
distribution is equitable and able to be completed on a daily
- Communicates changes in schedules to patient and employees and
is in constant communication with Clinical Manager.
- Maintains accurate and timely records for staff schedules and
client service delivery.
- Integrates problem solving methodology and quality improvement
in approaching problem areas related to patient care and
- Works with the Clinical Manager(s) to communicate new
admissions or changes to schedules.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up with staff and/or patient
- Provides telephone support to include scripted welcome call for
patients coming onto service.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient,
budget and all company matters.
- Acts as a resource for others.
- Accepts and picks up work willingly, seeking other duties when
work is completed.
- Participates in community activities and represents VNA as
- Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to
ensure continued functioning of equipment. Maintains work areas in
a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Schedules and coordinates daily huddle call for clinicians,
manager, and scheduling to review daily clinician assignments.
- Ensures all clinicians on the team have sent in confirmation of
completed visits by end of day.
- Ensures all clinicians on the team are utilizing
self-scheduling and communicating with manager when process is not
- Monitors LUPA management dashboard and reviews with Clinical
- Manages time off requests with approval from clinical managers
and then creates team-based monthly schedule.
- Forecasting scheduling based on availability of clinicians,
being mindful of patient need.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to positively reflect the agency within the VNA and
- Ability to be forthright about needs for process improvements
and persistent in her/his desire for the team to do things right
the first time.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond
appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Familiarity with continuous quality improvement
- Ability to plan and perform diversified duties requiring an
extensive knowledge of a particular field and the use of a wide
range of procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish a cooperative,
collaborative working environment.
- Ability to function independently, make decisions, prioritize,
problem solve and utilize resources as necessary.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate
appropriate actions to correct
situationsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/LICENSUREEducation: High school
diploma or equivalent required.Experience: Experience in a clinical
setting and/or medical terminology preferred. Basic computer, word
processing and data entry skills required. Experience in scheduling
preferred.OTHER REQUIREMENTSSchedule: Monday through Friday with a
holiday and weekend rotation.We are an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Solution Health, Manchester , SCHEDULING COORDINATOR - VNA of Manchester, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!