Machinist Class A
Company: Granite State Manufacturing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
COMPANY Granite State Manufacturing is a high mix, low volume
machine shop environment specializing in the manufacturing of
complex equipment through machining, welding, assembly, and
testing. Join our growing company with opportunities to have your
work make a difference in the support of our national security.
POSITION SUMMARY Sets up and operates Computer Numerical Control
(CNC) machines, manual machines, and machining centers to fabricate
metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the position's
essential functions and responsibilities. Trains other employees on
the setup and operation of machines as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on
material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Calculates and sets control to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
- Works with engineering to analyze problems for best
- Mentors and teaches employees with lesser capabilities at any
point in production.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a
professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at
work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of
Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in
designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and
following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective
relationships and networks with both managers/directors and
workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and
strictly observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capable of setup and running of CNC or manual machines, both
horizontal and vertical.
- Self-sufficient in all areas of machining and production.
- Able to machine complex parts.
- Able to use height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins,
thread gages, and optical comparators.
- Has troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in reading and interpretation of blueprints and
- Observes and listens to operating equipment to diagnose cutting
efficiency or malfunctions.
- Knowledge of mathematics, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Expertise in work holding devices. Design and build as needed,
including cause and effects.
- Expertise in deburring and finishing techniques.
- Expert knowledge of tapping, threading, and thread forms.
- Experienced knowledge of materials, including cutting speed and
- Able to plans and execute the sequence of events from start to
finish to produce a part.
Keywords: Granite State Manufacturing, Manchester , Machinist Class A, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!