WASTE DISPOSAL TRANSPORTER
Company: Solution Health
Posted on: November 18, 2021
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Works under the close supervision of the Environmental Services
Supervisor to sustain the engagement of Elliot Essentials in all
actions while removing, handling, packaging and transporting solid
waste, confidential paper, regulated medical waste, sharps, and
recyclables, from points of generation as well as central
collection sites within the facility to the designated locations to
be packaged for disposal according to established department
policies and procedures. Maintains the cleanliness of
collection/transporting bins for solid waste, regulated medical
waste, and recyclables according to established department policies
and procedures. Performs functions of the Technician I or
Technician II as needed.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empties solid waste, regulated medical waste,
sharps,confidential paper, and recyclables from collection bins.
according to established schedule.
- Transports covered wheeled dumpsters of solid waste, regulated
medical waste, sharps, confidential paper, and recyclables from
collection sites to designated areas.
- Packages and labels regulated medical waste according to
- Visually inspects each regulated medical waste bag as it is
removed from collection bin to ensure it is properly packaged
according to established criteria. Notifies Supervisor of any bag
not meeting packaging criteria and assists in repackaging to proper
status. Reports improperly packaged medical waste on occurrence
report indicating root cause whenever possible, i.e., unsolidified
suction canister, untied bag, single bag, etc..
- Operates compactor for solid waste and cardboard/recyclable
- Loads and unloads solid waste, regulated medical waste, sharps,
confidential paper, construction waste, and recyclable commodities
into designated containers.
- Loads and unloads transport truck with regulated medical waste
and recycle metals.
- Drives transport truck on and off property to designated
- Handles the recycling activity at metals recycle place of
- Separates recyclable commodities collected and distributes into
- Exchanges sharp containers from points of generation.
- Records all activities on designated forms and submits to Waste
- Cleans & stickers all wheeled dumpsters according to
established cleaning schedules.
- Responds immediately to solid, recycle, or regulated medical
waste spill clean ups; delivery of empty collection bins, or extra
- Reports all damaged areas, defective equipment, and areas in
poor appearance, or unsafe situations.
- Inspects all products used or maintained to prevent expiration
- Cleans compactor area when it is removed for emptying.
- Cleans and organizes Waste Dock and all waste storage
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Requires the ability to engage and communicate with Elliot
Essentials, I CARE, I SERVE, I INSPIRE, with all interactions.
- Requires the ability to perform repetitive or routine duties
working from detailed instructions and under standard
- Requires the making of minor decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow all organization safety
- Demonstrates competency to use good judgment and problem
- Demonstrates competency to communicate in English to read,
write, and speak.
- Demonstrates competency to use and understand the following
computer programs: time and attendance, bed tracking, disinfection
equipment, organization education programs, text communications,
and Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrates competency in following department waste handling
and packaging techniques and procedures as written.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Healthcare and/or cleaning experience
- Certification/Licensure: Valid Drivers License. Must be able to
pass DOT physical.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Schedule: Varied shifts with weekend rotation.
- Other: Must be able to provide driving record from state of
current drivers license.
Keywords: Solution Health, Manchester , WASTE DISPOSAL TRANSPORTER, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!