Sonographer - Ultrasound, Full Time, Variable Shifts
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To perform diagnostic medical ultrasound examinations as
requested by referring physicians for in house or out patients. To
create a therapeutic environment for pediatric, adolescent, adult
and older adult patients and their families and to carry out
functions in a manner consistent with total quality care.
- Prepare patients for examinations and explain procedures to
patients while performing studies. Reassure the patient at all
times and be sensitive to the comfort and needs of the
- Correlation of the clinical history with the test to be
- Consultation with the referring physician regarding patient's
previous history and decision of appropriate ultrasound procedure
required when necessary.
- Perform ultrasound studies: abdominal, obstetrical,
gynecological, neurological and vascular according to established
- Operate complex ultrasound imaging equipment pertinent to
department, Dexa, Mammographic, CAD computer assisted
- Utilize ancillary devices, laser camera, VAC assist BX, to
obtain permanent record of examinations.
- Select proper transducer and frequency for performance of
- Recognize the significance of all structures that are
visualized at all times, to differentiate artifacts from normal or
- Must be able to determine if the anatomy is normal or abnormal
and if deemed abnormal, to be able to delineate the abnormality and
to extend the scope of the study appropriately.
- Ability to deviate from normal technique when necessary and to
develop better techniques to keep the department up to date.
- Provide technical and nursing aid for surgical biopsy
- Participate in reading session with physician and contribute
technical and professional knowledge to the final diagnostic
impression or report.
- Continuous review of anatomy and physiology and the effect of
disease processes with relation to ultrasound.
- Assist in Quality Assurance reviews.
- Maximize use of the Radiology Information System, utilizing
computers, terminals, and other office equipment for efficient
- Maintain order and cleanliness of equipment and ultrasound
- Review of pathology, surgical and follow up with referring
physicians to correlate patients' progress and provide means of
reviewing accuracy of ultrasound examination.
- Evaluate new products and equipment for possible future
- Registry or Certification from accredited two year Allied
Health Program or two years of college with emphasis on the
- Satisfactory completion of formal Ultrasound training program
or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Registered or Registry Eligible, American Registry of
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Must renew certification and/or registration annually with 30
hours of continuing education bi-annually.
- Licensed in the State of New Hampshire with the Board of
Medical Imaging& Radiation Therapy.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Sonographer - Ultrasound, Full Time, Variable Shifts, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!