Scheduling Coordinator-NEHI Full Time Day Shift
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Performs diversified scheduling
and customer service duties in support of the activities of the
New England Heart and Vascular Institute.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the NEHVI Practice Manager and
within established Catholic Medical Center, and departmental
policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following
- Schedules inpatient and outpatient invasive cardiology
procedures and testing and/or any additional non invasive testing
required for EP, IR, CATH procedures for NEHVI cardiology
- Schedules and coordinates follow up office appointments,
testing and ancillary services post procedure for the Manchester
office and satellite locations as appropriate and required.
- Utilizes EMR system to schedule appointments and update patient
- Enters detailed and accurate appointment notes to be used cross
functionally across multiple disciplines.
- Guides and advises patients with regards to schedules and
- Performs checks out process by scheduling appropriate
procedures, provides informational packets, decision aides, etc to
patients as required.
- Manages and follows protocol for patient waitlists,
rescheduling, and making contact with patients. Notifies clinical
staff as appropriate if unable to contact patient.
- Notifies patients via U.S. postal mail when due for appointment
when unable to reach by phone.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of all schedule changes.
- Contact the insurance plans/carriers or third party
representatives via telephone or on-line submission to obtain
authorizations, pre-certifications as necessary
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of information requested and
ensure that all supporting documents are present for insurance
plans/carriers and/or third party representatives.
- Ability to project strong knowledge of regulatory standards and
compliance requirements to effectively communicate with insurance
plans/carriers and third party representatives.
- Obtains proper clinical documentation and faxes documentation
for insurance plans/carriers and third party representative for
clinical review on all pending prior authorization/
pre-certification requests in pending status.
- Contacts insurance plans/carriers or third party
representatives to close pending cases either by review of clinical
documentation provided to them or by having case need further
clinical review by an approved member of our clinical staff
(example, RN or MD/APP)
- Acts as the liaison between insurance plans/carriers and/or
third party representative and our clinical staff and providers to
ensure any requests that have gone "peer-to-peer" obtain proper
review by appropriate level of clinical team. Once "peer-to-peer"
has been completed and an approval is in place, notifying
appropriate staff of approval notification
- Participates in weekly schedule meetings with appropriate
EP/Cath Lab clinical and administrative staff.
- Serves as backup support for Structural Heart program, non
invasive prior authorization staff and non invasive scheduling as
- Prints and provides patient schedules to appropriate personnel
- Retrieves voice mail messages, makes arrangements for emergent
and priority scheduling of appointments, procedures and testing,
inputs appointment information into the computer systems.
- Handles multiple phone calls/messages including a STAT/private
line for in-house cardiologist.
- Requests patient record from referring providers and facilities
required for patient visits and procedures.
- Works with Nurse Coordinator and admissions department to
complete patient transfer to CMC for invasive procedures and
- Schedules anesthesia and/or OR time for EP Lab cases.
- Follows protocol for accurately notifying clinical and
technical staff of each cardiac admission including demographic,
insurance and clinical information
- Participates in appropriate role in disasters, fire drills,
fires and other emergency situations.
- Exercises care in the use and operation of equipment and
reference materials. Performs routine maintenance to ensure
continued functioning of equipment. Maintains work area in a clean
and organized manner.
- Performs similar or related duties as requested or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual
can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirements,
with or without the aid of mechanical devices to safely perform the
essential functions of the job:
- Physical requirements include the ability to extend hand(s) and
arm(s) in any direction: raise objects from a lower to a higher
position or moving objects horizontally from position to position:
pick, pinch, type or otherwise work primarily with fingers rather
than with the whole hand or arm, as in handling.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral
communication and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to life, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with
preparing and analyzing data and figures, computer terminal
operation, extensive reading, writing and telephone usage.
- Requires the ability to perform repetitive or routine duties
working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
Requires the making of minor decisions.
- Ability to interact effectively with the public and utilize
excellent communication skills. Ability to work in a collaborative
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond
appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related
OSHA RATING: Category II (No exposure to blood borne
PHI ACCESS: Complete
- Generally Monday through Friday, days. Occasional requirements
to work. Overtime to accommodate workload or cover special
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical
coding or LNA or Associates Degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of prior medical office support experience
- Experience in computer software applications including
Electronic Medical Record and MicroSoft office preferred.
- Two years previous scheduling experience in surgical or
specialty ambulatory setting or equivalent required.
- Previous prior authorization experiences a plus.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Scheduling Coordinator-NEHI Full Time Day Shift, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!