LNA - C600 Progressive Care Unit, Full Time, Days
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Functions as an integral member of the unit-based care delivery
team by performing a variety of technical components essential to
the ongoing delivery of quality patient care. Performs a variety of
generic and population-specific technical activities which support
the delivery of optimal patient care while maintaining the highest
level of patient safety.
Under the general direction of the Unit Director and the direct
supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager/Registered Nurse, in
accordance with regulations established by the State Board of
Nursing, Joint Commission and nursing practice standards as
determined by the Nursing Organization, the incumbent performs the
- Performs a variety of direct patient care activities which fall
within the scope of LNA practice as defined by the State Board of
Nursing and Catholic Medical Center Nursing Organization policies
- Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development and
awareness of age-appropriate care, to provide care for patients
across the life span.
- Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or
physician to perform selected patient care activities or tasks as
- Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and
changes in patient's condition to the Registered Nurse and/or
Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Provides basic support to patients and families in response to
identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious
- Performs or assists patient in the completion of activities of
daily living. Assists nursing staff with patient ambulation,
transfers, range of motion and repositioning as required.
- Incorporates safety principles, policies and procedures into
daily practice. Follows all infection control/Standard Precautions
- Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as
appropriate, according to policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively works with multidisciplinary team, maintains
good communication; establishes and maintains positive working
relationships with patients and families, co-workers, and the
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in
relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer keyboarding and data entry skills required.
- Requires the ability to utilize and navigate electronic
clinical documentation system in order to enter patient data.
- Current registration in the State of New Hampshire as a
Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA).
- BLS certified. If not BLS certified, must obtain BLS
certification prior to completion of orientation, not to exceed 21
days from date of hire with Catholic Medical Center. Must maintain
BLS throughout employment
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , LNA - C600 Progressive Care Unit, Full Time, Days, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!