Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY: Provides and manages direct health care for inpatient
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment
regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Serves as the Medical Director for the Stroke Program.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care
components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing
and support staff as required.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team in order
to provide quality patient care.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified
health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to observe, assesses, and record symptoms, reactions,
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delive1y of
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care
aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care
services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the
delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, advice, and train clinical professionals
and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment
physical examination/medical history check and drug screen.
- ACLS or CPR Certified
- Pre-employment background investigation is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
four (4) hours per day.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience
which may include residency in a directly related medical
- Federal DEA Certification;
- Medical Specialty License or Certification;
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Neurohospitalist, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!