CDM Smith is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer
with expertise in geotechnical engineering specifically in airfield
We have a preference for this hire to be located near a CDM
Smith major office.
As a member of our Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM
Smith's mission by:
- Providing senior level experience with AASHTO flexible and
rigid pavement design standards, Unified Facilities Criteria for
Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications,
and FAA Advisory Circulars required.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mid to large size field
and laboratory services for transportation-related projects
including roadway and airfield pavement projects, embankment design
and retaining structures
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and
evaluations for the design of new pavements and overlays, pavement
condition surveys, pavement rehabilitation, and reconstruction
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and
evaluations for other project types consistent with successful
applicant's expertise. This could include: earthwork, dewatering,
and excavation support; shallow/deep foundations; pipelines; dams,
reservoirs, and levees; solid waste; tunneling, micro-tunneling,
and pipe jacking; or geo-environmental projects
- Write engineering reports and prepare Contract Documents
- Oversee engineering services during construction on projects
involving pavement design and other project types consistent with
successful applicant's expertise which could include deep
foundations, support of excavations, pipelines, and tunnels
- Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals
- Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on
multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or
- Work with clients in the public, private, and federal
Geotechnical Engineer 6
**CDM Smith Employment Type:**
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic
Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE)
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The
frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties,
responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position,
which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory
testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report
writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in Roller-Compacted Concrete for pavements and
channel/basin liner projects is a plus.
- Experience in dams, trenchless technology / tunnels, and large
civil projects is a plus.
- Experience with water and wastewater projects with state,
county and municipal agencies is a plus.
- Experience with staff management, project management and
business development is a plus.
- 10 years of related experience in pavement design for streets,
highways, and airfields. Experience with AASHTO flexible and rigid
pavement design standards, Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield
Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, and FAA
Advisory Circulars required.
- Experience on transportation projects with municipal, state,
and federal agencies
- International experience with airfield pavement is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their
efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and
progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that
span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with
projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as
diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related
conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics,
protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by
**Why CDM Smith?:**
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water,
environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and
private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting,
engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver
exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value
across the entire project life cycle.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement
from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment
for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other
member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms.
All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted
to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT)
will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be
held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for
**Background Check and Drug Testing Information:**
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks
including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well
as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions.
In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated
positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of
employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when
background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions
outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law
but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM
Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to
requesting a criminal background check, and no job application
submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's
criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check
for any convictions related to its responsibilities and
requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful
completion of a background investigation including criminal
history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a
candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be
required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully
complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle
record as well as drug testing.