Anesthesia Tech - Anesthesiology, Full Time, Days
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Performs delegated duties for the preparation of equipment and
supplies set up for the administration of anesthesia and placement
of intravenous lines, including the preparation of patients and
equipment, ordering supplies, running errands and other non-nursing
duties related to patient care. Ensures that all necessary supplies
and equipment are available and in working order. Maintain
cleanliness of equipment and ensures the safety of patients.
Under the direct supervison of the Clinical Director OR &
Sterile Processing and/or Clinical Nurse Managers and/or Anesthesia
RN's and in accordance with established departmental policies and
procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Obtains the medication tray from the satellite pharmacy and
secures it in the anesthesia cart in the CVOR/General OR.
- Checks the anesthesia machine for all necessary equipment and
supplies including but not limited to: laryngoscopes, gases,
suction, C02 sensor and cable, anesthesia circuit and mask,
endotracheal tubes, nasal oxygen, soda lime.
- Cleans the anesthesia machine and anesthesia cart following
each case using the proper cleaning fluid.
- Restocks the anesthesia cart and anesthesia machine according
- Assists CVOR/General OR nursing staff with positioning of
patient in the operating room.
- Transports blood products to and from the operating room.
- Reports to the RN circulator in the CVOR/General OR, as
assigned, to assist with room work flow on a case by case
- Particapates in room turnover function.
- Restocks supplies and equipment in appropriate places.
- Participates in maintaining cleanliness of the unit as
- Utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost-effective
- Reports identified problems with equipment and supplies to the
Clinical Director OR & Sterile Processing and/or Clinical Nurse
Managers and/or Anesthesia RN's.
- Reports any delays in the performance of assigned tasks, which
may interfere with the standard of care to the Clinical Director
OR/Sterile Processing and/or Clinical Nurse Managers and/or
- Maintains an inventory of anesthesia supplies and checks
expiration of outdated material (supplies, solutions) as part of
the unit quality assurance and report's findings to the Clinical
Director OR & Sterile Processing and/or Clinical Nurse Managers
and/or Anesthesia RN's
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experience in related health care field,
preferably in operating room or the equivalent of education and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- After two years of employment the employee must pass the
Technician certification exam through the ASATT.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Anesthesia Tech - Anesthesiology, Full Time, Days, Other , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!