Engineer, Telecommunications, (Hybrid)
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Engineer, Telecommunications, (Hybrid) page is loaded Engineer,
Telecommunications, (Hybrid) Apply locations Manchester, NH time
type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id
R-019494 Check out this video and find out why our team loves to
work here! Job DescriptionIn this role as our Telecommunications
Engineer you will be responsible for the Fiber Optic network
design, engineering, and execution of projects that provide
communication infrastructure and services to the company. The
Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for generating detailed
engineering designs and documentations needed for the fiber
installation, configuration, and commissioning of fiber optic
equipment. This is a hybrid role. The first three months are
fulltime in the office. Key Responsibilities:
- Engineering support for emergent projects, fiber expansion, new
fiber routes, diversified fiber routes, network reliability and
- Obsolete/End-of-life equipment replacement plans, Network
services/circuits needed to support Eversource's incremental growth
and changing needs.
- Review project documentation and develop telecom scope of work,
create network design and Bill of Materials (BOM), provide the
"Issued For Construction" (IFC) design package and review As-Built
documents after project completion.
- Plan and develop network communications systems related to
Eversource backbone network infrastructure (Transport/Backhaul
network) which includes Fiber Optic builds, Fiber Optic splicing,
Transport Paths, Fiber rings, Multiplexers, Fiber utilization, RTU
Replacements, Microwave replacements.
- Support telecom engineering projects from start to
- Work with Project Management to create business justification
documents for new projects.
- Attend daily meetings with various teams to assist them with
any telecom needs.
- Configure OTN and IP network equipment, Multiplexers, Frame
relay devices, Microwave equipment and keep track of regulatory &
- Participate in site walks with other teams to determine scope
of telecom work.
- Coordinate with equipment vendors to finalize product design
application, solicit quotes and then place equipment orders.
- Create high level diagrams in MS VISIO for overall project
- Create fiber projects and perform As-Built updates in the GIS
- Create and Review detailed Substation diagrams (Wiring
Diagrams, Cable Schedules) in AutoCAD.
- Engineering Design and Review/Approval for all telecom projects
and technical oversight of engineering work being completed by
- Thorough coordination with Field Operations for equipment
installation, troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning as
- Maintain and update documentation and records associated with
the Transport Network Infrastructure.Position Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering Technology, Telecommunications/Network Engineering, or
associated disciplines from an accredited engineering school.
Master's degree desirable.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with fiber
- Thorough knowledge of both telecom theory and application in
the electric utility industry.
- Experience with telecom systems and requirements including,
private radio, private microwave, private fiber optic
networks/systems, tele-protection systems, power line carrier or
commercial wired & wireless communications services.
- Experience in OPGW and ADSS design considerations and code
requirements in and around electric power space as well as
associated installation materials and hardware.
- Working knowledge of SONET and TDM systems as well as MPLS,
DWDM and Ethernet technologies.
- Experience in some or all of the following communications
- Computer network routing and switching. -
- Specifying fiber optic equipment required for specific
applications, e.g., S-Mode OPGW, ADSS, OM-3 Duct cables,
Multiplexers, Patch panels etc.
- Familiarity with Protection and Control schemes.
- Working knowledge of microwave systems implementation including
- Experience with Construction drawings and As-Built
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, safety standards,
and existing electrical design codes including but not limited to:
electric utility practices, substation materials and
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to
interact with company personnel, contractors, and others in a
positive, team building manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written
- Ability to physically navigate in and around an electrical
- Initiate and lead projects with minimal supervision
- Valid driver's license required with acceptable driving record
meeting Safe Driver Policies.Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The
annual salary range for this position starts at $92,140 and the
market rate is $102,340 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with
your experience. Check out the career site for an over of
- Available to work emergency restoration assignment as
- Available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.#engajd
Worker Type: Regular Number of Openings: 1 EEO Statement Eversource
Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or
protected veteran status.VEVRRA Federal Contractor Vaccination
Information: Eversource requires all new employees to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. -If you
have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you
will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource's HR department
after you have been made a conditional offer of employment.
Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination
status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and
complies with all applicable laws. Emergency Response :Responding
to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is part of every
employee's role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency
Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist
during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work
hours and location. - Similar Jobs (1) Engineer, Grid Management,
(Hybrid) locations Manchester, NH time type Full time posted on
Posted 7 Days Ago About Us Who we are: Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES),
a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor's 500 energy company based in
Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New
England's largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed
to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship,
and expanding energy options for its 4.3 million electric and
natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers,
communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the
best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated
individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the
value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in
working safely every day.
Keywords: Eversource, Manchester , Engineer, Telecommunications, (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...