Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on: September 15, 2022
GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we've created an environment where great
ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans
over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection
and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency
responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance
environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and
dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and
rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all
while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Together, you and Gentex can build a career that's uniquely
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or
related major from an accredited 4 year college/university; MS
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP) a plus.
- 5+ years minimum experience required in a Human Resources
Department as a generalist, including recruiting of exempt and
non-exempt employees, and performance coaching/management.
- 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
ABOUT THE JOB:
As the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, you will be
responsible for the daily functions of the Human Resources
department. This role will work closely with leadership to define
exempt and non-exempt recruitment needs and will be responsible for
sourcing qualified candidates to fill these roles. The Sr. HR
Business Partner will be an integrated partner in resolving
employee relations issues, providing day-to-day performance
management guidance, maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal
requirements, defining and developing employee training,
facilitating enterprise HR initiatives, and will oversee day-to-day
activities including attendance tracking, benefits administration,
workers' compensation and unemployment insurance administration.
Gentex offers a robust benefit package- including, but not limited
to, medical coverages, 401k, paid time off and excellent work
schedules including a 9/80 work week.
- Partner with leadership to positively design and foster a high
performing culture where talent can reach their best potential
- Provide varying levels of support with teaming, accountability,
and rewards at all levels of the organization
- Partners with and coaches hiring managers to determine staffing
needs. Facilitates and assists in all recruiting functions
including advertising, screening, interviewing and background
- Works closely with leadership to coach the rewards and
recognition process as well as the discipline and performance
improvement process. Properly documents employee relations issues
and facilitates to resolution.
- Supports compensation analysis and local wage administration
program in assigned areas to ensure compliance and equity within
- Conducts new hire orientations, including the maintenance and
update of the program.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of
employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Administers through a third party the health insurance, COBRA,
and 401(k) plans including open enrollments, changes and assists
with problem resolution as needed.
- Oversees the leave of absence process, working with an outside
vendor and partnering with Managers and Supervisors.
- Communicates, manages & negotiates with staffing services for
temporary and temp to hire needs.
- Owns the talent management process and assists management with
employee assessments to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and
equity within the organization.
- Manages current candidate activity in the Human Resources
Information System (HRIS)
- Coordinates and/or leads internal investigations as needed
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
and partners with Sr. HR Manager and leadership team for
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of engaging & strategic
- Administers the unemployment compensation and workers'
compensation program including preparation of cases and attendance
- Manages or supports all employee activities: employee
appreciation, holiday celebrations, and any others.
- Responds to employees needs in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly reports, and progress on all assigned
- Other duties may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of labor laws, local and
- Strong background in strategic exempt and non-exempt recruiting;
including coaching roles, requirements and needs.
- Fully competent with HRIS systems, computerized record
maintenance, benefits administration, and workers' compensation
- MS Office proficiency required
- Ability to self-assess, develop self & others, manage and
initiate constructive conflict, and be a self-starter.
- Savvy to proactive recruiting & searching passive candidates on
Linked In, etc.
- Must be customer service and employee focused.
- Individual must be organized, detail oriented and have superb
communication skills with all levels of employees.
- Requires the ability to express ideas logically and clearly,
verbally and in writing, decipher information through critical
listening, in all situations, especially in cases of high
- Experience working in a multi-lingual environment and some
knowledge of Spanish helpful (CA Location Specific).
- Required competencies:
Communication & Consultation
Critical Evaluation & Analytical Skills
Systemic & Strategic Thinking
Keywords: Gentex, Manchester , Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!