Assistant Store Manager - Manchester Community College Bookstore
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Position OverviewThis position is responsible for assisting the
Store Manager in supervising and managing Store operations (college
bookstore or convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules
ensuring coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond
to inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on
Store, company, and/or school operations. Receive and unload
merchandise verify orders, and displays merchandise in accordance
with company standards. Routinely audits accounting and cash
functions to ensure policies and procedures are being followed in
the store. Partners with various support partners including Store
Operations, AP, HR, and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett
Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every
Associate, Innovation, and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in
Follett Strategic Competencies.Responsibilities
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and
- Schedules team members' work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired
for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies,
procedures, and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion
standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers, answer phones, provide information, direct
callers, and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and
maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on
solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments,
place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures
including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping,
mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation,
or peak seasonal periods, including register operations,
shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout
- Keyholder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe,
works with accounts receivable (CARRR), and works on collecting bad
checks. Balances cash, credit cards, and checks to register tapes.
Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against
charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month
reporting. Researches account receivable problems and handle the
bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash
drawers not balancing. Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report,
month-end reports, and payroll reports.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as
visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior
supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- General computer skills. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Follett, Manchester , Assistant Store Manager - Manchester Community College Bookstore, Hospitality & Tourism , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!