Speech-Language Pathologist - FULL TIME - Hospital Facility
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Catholic Medical Center is seeking an experienced
Speech-Language Pathologist to join our growing Speech Therapy
team!Interested Apply today @ POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and
implements specific treatment programs for patients according to
the principles and practices of Speech-Language Pathology and in
collaboration with the health care team. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general direction of the Director and
the direct supervision of the Manager or Supervisor of the specific
treatment site and within established policies, procedures, and
guidelines, the incumbent performs the following functions:
Essential Functions Speech-Language Pathologist:
- Evaluates the skilled speech-language pathology needs of the
- Identifies the problems.
- Develops a written plan of care.
- Established measurable short and long-term goals with time
- Explains the program to the patient and receives input and
agreement to proceed with the plan.
- Re-evaluates the patient's status and adjust the problems
treatment plan and goals in accordance with the findings.
- Directs and assists patients in therapeutic interventions that
include, but are not limited to, disorders and related disorders of
speech, articulation, fluency, voice, verbal, cognition,
communication, swallowing, and oral, pharyngeal, or laryngeal
sensory motor competencies.
- Instruct patient and family/significant other in proper
swallowing techniques and exercises.
- Documents all assessments in the medical record in a clear,
concise manner on a daily basis.
- Responsible for timely evaluations, re-evaluations, and
- Responsible for home programs as appropriate.
- Demonstrates discharge planning skills as evidenced by:
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess the patient's needs
immediately after the initial evaluation.
- Preparation and participation in a variety of meetings can
include family meetings, team meetings, and case management.
- Recommendations for home programs.
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff.
- Submits charges for all services and supplies provided to the
- Adheres to Infection Control and Environment of Care
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Medical
- Maintains compliance with Medicare and other insurance
guidelines as well as policies and procedures.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Individuals must possess the
following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain
and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation,
using some other combination of skills and abilities and possess
the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of
mechanical devices to safely perform the essential functions of the
- Ability to deliver patient care in a manner that is appropriate
to the demographics and/ or specific needs of the patient
population served by the hospital.
- Demonstrates proficiency in assessing, responding, and adapting
treatment of care to meet the needs of the patient population
served by the hospital.
- Ability to exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect and
good communication in relating to patients, families, visitors,
physicians, and coworkers.
- Ability to establish a cooperative, collaborative working
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate
appropriate actions to correct situations.
- Ability to provide a calm, supportive, and therapeutic
environment for patients and their families.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or stress.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond
appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Must be knowledgeable of the ASHA Code of Ethics and the state
licensure law and practice activities.
- Ability to travel to off-site programs, conferences, and
facilities.Qualifications - ExternalWORK SCHEDULE:
- Generally Monday through FridayQUALIFICATIONS: Education:
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.Experience:
- Professional memberships and the development of career goals
- Must be licensed in the State of New Hampshire as a
Speech-Language Pathologist by the NH Office of Licensed Allied
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American
Speech-Language-Hearing Association for all, except new
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Speech-Language Pathologist - FULL TIME - Hospital Facility, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...