RN, Full-Time, Day Shift- Eligible for a sign-on bonus! - Vein and Vascular, Bedford, NH
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The vein and vascular RN is responsible for managing the care of
the adult patients scheduled or vein and vascular surgical
procedures in an outpatient surgical setting. The registered nurse
is a multifunctional role and responsible for assisting the
surgical providers during procedures and care for patients before,
during and post procedures. The registered nurse also provides
support to the outpatient clinic. Registered nurse delivers patient
care in a manner that is appropriate to the demographics and/ or
specific needs of the patient population served whose vein and
vascular needs range from basic to complex.
* Oversee pre-surgical procedures for the patient.
* Meet with patient's relatives or care supporters regarding the
procedures to be performed on the patient.
* Explain the procedure to the patient before starting it.
* Inform patients about estimated recovery time.
* Sterilize surgical tools before and after the procedure.
* Set up the tools required for the surgical procedure before it
* Make all necessary preparation in the procedure room before the
surgical procedure begins.
* Assist other surgical team members in putting on their gears,
like masks, gloves and sterile gowns.
* Prepare and also properly clean the site where incision is to be
made on the patient.
* Works directly with the surgeon within the sterile field by
passing instruments, sponges, and other items needed during the
* Convey the patient to the recovery room after the surgical
* Monitor the patient in the recovery area continuously monitoring
the patient till he/she gets discharged.
* Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the
data collection based patient's immediate condition or needs within
timeframe specified by client facility's policies, procedures or
* Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or
elderly patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the
* Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an
accurate and timely manner.
* Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by
individualized plan of care.
* Provides individualized patient/family education customized to
the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
* Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial
responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem
* Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult
* Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family
and client facility staff.
* Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner.
* Maintains current competency in adult medical surgical
* Acts as a resource to others in developing and implementing plan
* They work alongside surgical teams to make sure that patients are
receiving the best possible care, and serve as liaisons between the
surgical team and the patients' families.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment that requires them
to think quickly and remain calm even in a crisis.
* Performs telephone triage appropriately assessing signs and
symptoms, potential risk for complications and necessity of
* Develops an individualized approach to deliver nursing care to
the patient and family, including age-specific developmental needs
and incorporating their input and preferences whenever
* Promote positive customer relations.
* Participates constructively in staff meetings.
* Participates in and supports Quality Management.
* Conforms to the organization attendance requirements.
* Demonstrates behaviors which promote communication and
* Utilizes the self-evaluation process for professional growth.
* Identified self needs then increases skills and knowledge.
* Attends mandatory in-services.
* Participates in department projects/committees.
* Accepts constructive feedback and imitates appropriate action to
correct the situation.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Current licensure in good standing in the state of practice.
* BSN strongly preferred.
* Specialty certification strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience related to specialty
* Surgical and or critical care experience strongly favored.
* Ability to work in a high pressure fast paced environment.
* Current New Hampshire RN license. Ability to learn and adapt.
Ability to direct others. Requires clinical, organizational,
communication, and team building skills. Critical care nursing,
knowledge of administration of conscious sedation and/or strong
medical-surgical clinical background is desired. Demonstrates
knowledge of normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms. Initiates and
maintains intravenous therapy.
* Current registration in the State of NH as a Registered
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Certifications per unit requirements: Refer to Education,
Credentialing and Certification Policy.
Standard of Business Conduct
Individuals are required to refrain from participating in any
activities that could be construed as fraud and abuse. Requires the
ability to follow Catholic Medical Center's Standards of Business
Conduct in any instance where you feel there is suspicion of fraud
or abuse, or a violation of the law. The Standards of Business
Conduct requires that suspicion or knowledge of any person(s) in
violation of the Code be reported to the Corporate Compliance
Officer. The extent to which you comply with the requirements
contained within the Code will be a factor in evaluating your
overall job performance.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , RN, Full-Time, Day Shift- Eligible for a sign-on bonus! - Vein and Vascular, Bedford, NH, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!