Adjunct Faculty - School of Occupational Therapy
Company: MCPHS University
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The School of Occupational Therapy seeks an adjunct faculty
member to deliver high quality learning experiences and education
for students in the MSOT program for the upcoming Fall and Spring
Semesters 2022/2023. The selected candidate will have
responsibilities teaching on campus lab pediatric and group process
courses to graduate students. Subject matters may include
occupational therapy theory, intervention, treatment planning,
documentation, professional behaviors.
- Deliver laboratory and/or experiential instruction via
in-person, in the MSOT program.
- In conjunction with the primary course instructor provide
students with an approved syllabus that includes course objectives
and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in
line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and
deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria.
- Provide engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world
applications of concepts covered.
- Uses the University's learning management system to post
syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with
- Advises and assists students through office hours or scheduled
appointments, by videoconference, phone or email, and through other
- Provides service including student mentoring, ongoing course
development, and assessment
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the
- Able to adjust work schedule to be on campus during 2-hour lab
times which occur at varied times between 10:00 am and 4:30 pm.
- Minimum of an associates degree required BS, MS, OTD, PHD
preferred - OTAs are welcome to apply
- Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional
education and student success
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing
to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact
with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty,
administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including
healthcare industry professionals)
- Experience in mental health, adult physical disability,
environmental modification and/or pediatric occupational therapy
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume.
Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to
reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a
condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees
and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy,
requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular
basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a
medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment
in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community
members' unique experiences and perspectives add value to our
ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service,
and employee experience possible.
MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates a diverse
community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to any characteristic protected by
Keywords: MCPHS University, Manchester , Adjunct Faculty - School of Occupational Therapy, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!