Patient Safety Attendant-Nursing Float Pool, Fulltime 32hrs, Evening Shift
Company: Catholic Medical Center
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Patient Safety Attendant is to remain in constant attendance
with the patient.
To function as an important member of the unit-based care delivery
team by performing a variety of indirect patient care activities,
tasks, and functions as delegated by the Registered Nurse to
support the delivery of optimal patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with regulations established by the State Board of
Nursing, The Joint Commission, as well as the nursing practice
standards determined by the Nursing Organization, the Patient
Safety Attendant performs the following functions under the general
direction of the Department Director and direct supervision of the
Clinical Nurse Manager/Registered Nurse.
Patient Observation & Safety
- Renders observational care to patients within an assigned unit
of the hospital, in support of medical care as directed by medical
staff and pursuant to objectives and policies of the hospital.
- Follows guidelines of care outlined in the Nursing Division
Policy and Procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and dignity.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient, employee, legal, budget and
all Catholic Medical Center matters.
- Obtains shift report and plan of care for the assigned shift.
Verbalizes appropriate use of assistive devices i.e., hearing aids,
- Regularly reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from
normal, and changes to the patient's condition to the Registered
Nurse, and/or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Report behavior and/or cognition changes to nursing
- Anticipate need for assistance in providing safety for the
- Observes the safety of the patient and identifies any potential
alterations in safety, including environmental hazards.
- Provides constant visual contact and observation of patient at
all times until relieved by another staff member.
- Constant observation may include, but is not limited to,
accompanying patient to various testing and/or departments
throughout the organization and monitoring bathroom
- Orients and re-orients patient as appropriate.
- Engages patient in therapeutic activities, if appropriate.
- Call nursing personnel to attend to any patient needs.
- Verbalize understanding of proper restraint of use and various
- Performs designated indirect care and keeps the immediate
environment and work area clean, organized, and presentable based
on room needs.
- Carries out appropriate duties and all hospital codes, other
emergency situations, and fires/disaster drills.
- Responds to patient concerns and acts as a liaison by
communicating directly with the Registered Nurse responsible for
the patient on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates respect for the patient's right to information
dignity, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Uses judgment in providing information based on the situation
and is sensitive to individual and organizational concerns.
- Maintains effective verbal and non-verbal communication with
patients and families, as well as positive working relationship
with co-workers and the public.
- Communicates using therapeutic techniques.
- Reports to oncoming nursing personnel effective activities that
help keep a patient engaged.
- Exercises care in the use and operations of Catholic Medical
Center equipment and reference materials.
- Reports problems with equipment and supplies to the Clinical
Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
- May include 8-12 hours per day with weekend coverage based on
individual unit needs.
- Personnel are expected to cover for absences by rotating or
working extra shifts.
- Personnel are assigned to one area upon employment, but may be
required to assume assignments in other areas to meet patient
- High school diploma or equivalent. Experience:
- Previous hospital/patient care experience preferred.
- BLS certified. If not BLS certified, must obtain BLS
certification prior to completion of orientation, not to exceed 21
days from date of hire with Catholic Medical Center. Must maintain
BLS throughout employment. Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
Keywords: Catholic Medical Center, Manchester , Patient Safety Attendant-Nursing Float Pool, Fulltime 32hrs, Evening Shift, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!