Clinical Secretary (FT), Internal Medicine - Days
Company: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Reviews, processes, and tracks all referrals for services delivered
by providers. Schedules appointments, tests or procedures, responds
to patient calls, provides instruction/support to staff for
communicating with patients and may act as liaison between
physicians & specialists outside of D-H.
1. Responds to patient calls providing general information and
2. Greets patients arriving for appointments, provides appropriate
questionnaire(s), answer questions and assists patients with
completion of forms and use of technology, acknowledges any delays
and keeps patient updated.
3. Assesses needs of patients without appointments and processes
requests for prescriptions, forms, appointments or need to speak
directly to clinical support.
4. Reviews schedules daily for accuracy in scheduling, needed
ancillaries and incoming records and makes adjustments as needed.
Reviews wait list, manages multiple e-DH worklists and reschedules
patients to assure schedules are fully booked and patients' needs
5. Completes any follow up needs for patients as directed by the
After Visit Summary (i.e., booking appointments, scheduling lab and
radiology exams or arranging for any external procedures).
6. Receives incoming phone calls from providers, other staff or
external provider offices and patients. Appropriately assesses the
needs of the caller and processes requests, takes messages,
schedules appointments or transfers the call.
7. Monitors and completes system messages in a timely manner to
meet patients' needs. Monitors incoming faxes regularly and reviews
each to determine the proper course of action in a timely
8. Completes Authorizations and Pre Certifications for all external
and stat procedures to ensure patients receive services in a timely
manner and insurance is notified of the need for services.
9. Reviews all provider schedules at the end of day to identify and
contact those patients who require follow up and processes letters
to no shows in accordance with current policy.
10. Supports providers and staff in addressing patient
questions/concerns. Provides instruction/support to providers and
staff on communicating with patients regarding these questions or
11. Monitors the waiting room for patients in distress and seeks
assistance when needed. Responds to minor patient concerns and
complaints using service recovery tactics. Reports all concerns and
complaints to supervisor/manager.
12. Manages multiple in-baskets by monitoring, prioritizing and
properly routing the messages. Completes tasks as assigned by
providers or clinical staff.
13. Acts as liaison between primary care physicians & specialists
14. Monitors referral work queues for internal and external
referrals. Processes new referrals according to established
procedures and tracks queue status to insure that referrals are
15. Implements and monitors DH policies and procedures.
Participates in initiatives to improve the referral management
16. Delivers mail to mail room and picks up mail to be distributed
within department on a daily basis, completes monthly tracers and
weekly BCA (Business Continuity Application) system checks.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent with 1 year experience in
Knowledge of insurance benefit programs and medical
Ability to effectively interact with providers, staff, patients and
insurance plan representatives a must.
Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Must have prior computer experience, excellent communication
skills, and attention to detail.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Keywords: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord, Manchester , Clinical Secretary (FT), Internal Medicine - Days, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!