Community Health Worker (CO) - Manchester, NH
Posted on: November 14, 2021
DESCRIPTION:This position will be focused on high needs Chronic
Kidney Disease (CKD) and End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD)
populations that face multiple challenges, from accessing resources
to adhering to a physician's treatment plan. The CHW will work as
an extension of the clinical care team, specifically under the
guidance of a renal nurse care manager. The individual taking this
role will manage his/her caseload through in-person, telephonic and
electronic means of communications and coordination. This position
is a market-based position.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under the guidance of physicians and/or a nurse care
- Follow-up with health management plans and goals.
- Establish positive, supportive relationships with participants
and provide feedback.
- Conduct an initial triage assessment to help align patients
with the most appropriate program in accordance with program
- Documents their activities in the care coordination platform,
including care plan activities conducted.
- Engages with patients who need assistance with self-care needs
in addition to what a nurse care manager can provide via phone,
- Address language and cultural barriers to care management and
- Coach and guide the patient to meet both personal and clinical
- Schedules provider appointments on behalf of their
- Accompanies patients to their appointments when needed.
- Reminds patients of their upcoming appointments.
- Helps patients access community and government-based services,
including possibly filling out paperwork for the patient.
- Helps to teach the caregiver about symptom response plans.
- Arranges transportation.
- Facilitates closing gaps in care by educating patients about
preventive monitoring and working with physician practices to
schedule diagnostic testing.
- Assists patients with enrolling to access educational
- Participates in the integrated care team meetings. MEASURES OF
- Patient Engagement
- Care Setting Transitions QUALIFICATIONS:Required
- Experience working with Medicare, Medicaid or Special Needs
- Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Engagement
Specialist or Community Health Worker Experience.
- Ability to connect with people and understand the challenges
- Ability to use a range of outreach methods to engage
individuals and groups in diverse settings.
- Well connected to the community and resources within the
community they will serve.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills demonstrating
respect and cultural awareness during interactions with
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned region and comfort
with conducting home visits (50-75% same day travel).Preferred
- Experience working with patients with chronic and behavioral
- Demonstrated success in working as part of a multi-disciplinary
team including communicating and working with Physicians and
- Proven experience with engaging patients in making healthy
- Proven skills in navigating the health systems and making
necessary linkages in order to meet specific needs.
- Can speak other language(s).
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records and other
documentation platform. Wage Range$18.00 to $21.00Compensation for
the role will depend on a number of factors, including a
candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and
may fall outside of the range shown.OTHER DUTIES:Please note this
job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Somatus, Inc. provides equal
employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race,
color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company
takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed,
and employees are treated during employment without regard to any
of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be
Keywords: Somatus, Manchester , Community Health Worker (CO) - Manchester, NH, Healthcare , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!