Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Experience a place of energy, passion, and excitement. A place
where the joy of discovery and uncommon artistry blend to create
exhilarating buying experiencesfor true beauty enthusiasts. At Ulta
Beauty, were transforming the world one shade, one lash, one cut at
a time. Because beauty is powerful. If you seek greater purposea
place of vision, mission, and lived valueswhere voices are heard,
contributions valued and recognized and growth opportunities
abound, consider Ulta Beauty. Nowhere else are the possibilities
quite this beautiful. :
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE: As a General Manager at Ulta Beauty, you
are responsible for leading through Ulta Beautys mission, vision,
and values in order to develop a high-performing team that
consistently delivers top-line sales growth for the store through
operational excellence and superior guest experiences. You will
lead a team of managers and will be accountable for all aspects of
managing a single retail store, inclusive of the salon. This is
your opportunity to steer top-level productivity, while modeling
the passion and commitment to all things beauty that Ulta Beauty is
known for. Through performance, people, and processes, you will not
only generate deeper levels of passion inand opportunities foryour
direct reports and associates but enhance the reputation of your
store in your local market, making Ulta Beauty the go to for Beauty
Enthusiasts who want simple, enjoyable, and discovery-rich buying
experiences. Youll accomplish all of this by:
- Promoting a culture of accountability to meet or exceed Ulta
Beautys goals related to retail and service sales, guest loyalty
(including credit), payroll, omni-channel, and retail shrink.
- Driving company profitability through operational excellence,
top-line sales growth, and expense control.
- Forecasting and adjusting the stores payroll to maximize
productivity, achieve sales and payroll goals, and complete
operational task workload on time and within the payroll
- Addressing any issues identified by Ulta Beautys financial and
operational reporting, as well as by store visits and audit results
to achieve goals set for your store and drive company
- Executing the Guest Engagement Leader program flawlessly
through business ownership, associate coaching, and leading a
helpful and friendly guest experience.
- Performing makeup applications, skincare analysis, and product
- Attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse team of top
- Building a highly engaged team at the store that embodies the
Ulta Beauty brand through effective collaboration, open and honest
communication, and prioritization of work.
- Creating an inclusive environment that inspires and encourages
the growth and engagement of associates.
- Leading all aspects of manager and associate development
including training, providing individualized competency-based
feedback and coaching, performance reviews, succession planning,
counseling, and individual development plans to enable continuous
development and drive sales performance.
- Modeling a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise
strategy with direct reports and creating goals in alignment with
Ulta Beautys goals for their store.
- Using the companys scheduling tool as directed to schedule the
right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order
to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and
execute company directives.
- Protecting company assets and minimizing loss by ensuring all
store standards and operating procedures are met, including
workplace safety, inventory control, cash management, and loss
- Supporting continuous improvement by influencing the adoption
of company initiatives and technology, communicating expectations,
and ensuring the execution of all store tasks.
- Ensuring adherence to all Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and
- Communicating and providing feedback to field leadership.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS: Qualified candidates will be proven
retail leaders who possess 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in
driving top-line sales and attracting, developing and motivating
top talent in a dynamic, ever-changing environment. Additional
requirements include: Education
- Bachelors degree is preferred. Experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales,
interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory
levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service
culture, and executing merchandising directives.
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing,
and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading
others through the change-curve, developing collaborative
relationships with others, and leading and influencing teams.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., Point of Sale system,
Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous
situations, and be flexible/adaptable. SPECIAL POSITION
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Must be available to close the store at least once per
- Attend corporate business meetings and conferences, including
overnight stays, and interstate travel.
- Maintain valid identification for airline travel. WORKING
- Frequent use of a computer, telephonic devices, and related
- Continuous mobility throughout the store during shift.
- Frequent bending, pushing, reaching, and twisting during
- Frequent lifting, carrying and/or moving up to 25 lbs. during
- Continuous walking, coordination, and manipulation of objects
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beautys own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuringhair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Manchester , General Manager, Executive , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!