Chief of Staff, Office of the President
Company: Southern New Hampshire University
Posted on: November 21, 2022
We are one growing team with one powerful goal - and as a global
leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the
individual differences of our learning community. We believe that
our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true
selves. That is why we're committed to cultivating and preserving a
culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed,
valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of
education by transforming lives beginning with yours.This position
is based in the following office location:Manchester, NHThe
OpportunitySouthern New Hampshire University is looking for the
next University Chief of Staff. You will report directly to the
University President where you will lead and direct the Office of
the President, providing support to the President, the strategic
agenda, and the executive leadership team. You will have direct
oversight of the daily operations of the Office of the University
President (OUP), providing executive-level support to the
University President and associated executive teams, serving as a
conduit for high-level projects.I---n This Role, You'll Get To:
- Work under the general direction of the University
- Be the University President's representative and ambassador to
internal and external partners.
- Oversee all operations of the Office of the President,
including management of staff, budgets, administration and
- Provide coordination and oversight in the development of
defined core programs for the Office of the President.
- Be the steward of confidential information and act as a
trustworthy liaison between the President and all partners on
important matters.Be the Right Hand Person to the President/CEO
- Provide service leadership, tracking and management, and
oversight of discussion items to promote the President's agenda,
including the development of executive meeting and retreat agendas,
related logistics, and administrative follow through on
- Be the liaison to the University Board of Trustees on matters
not directly handled by the University President/CEO; handle
program support activities and matters of institutional
significance for the Board on behalf of, and in collaboration with,
the University President/CEO.
- Represent the University President/CEO and the Office of the
University President on certain University committees, working
groups and events.
- Work with General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer to apply
the University's Bylaws as they pertain to the operations of the
- Manage the President's calendar to keep a focus on
- Provide leadership and coaching support for the Office of the
University President staff.
- Provide leadership and oversight to foundational and grant
process overseeing staff charged with discovery, application, and
post award implementation, compliance, and reporting.
- Communicate the President's agenda to executive direct reports
and work with them to prepare for meetings.
- Provide management, coaching, and leadership to rotational
management program participants.Support Operations
- Provide guidance, training and direction to reports.
- Organize events for the Board of Trustees and President's team
through establishing agendas, budgets, communications, and event
- Oversee special projects for the President to support
- Prepare briefings for the President's meetings.
- Ensure information flow to and from the University President's
Office through all vehicles (forums, correspondence, speeches,
conferences, and retreats).
- Be the contact for other offices looking for assistance with
correspondence or other communications, including those in support
of development activities.
- Organize the annual trustee retreat through planning budgets,
communications, timeline, facilities set-up, and program itinerary
for program participants.
- Review correspondence and draft responses for the President,
or, forwards to the appropriate person for response and reply.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of executive level experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working collaboratively with individuals and
- Demonstrated abilities in service leadership and
communicationsThinking about the job, but not sure you should
apply? We still want to hear from you.We recognize that not
everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage,
opportunity, and privilege. - This is why your skills and
experiences are important to us. - Take the leap and apply, you
just might be the person we are looking for!Are Benefits Important
to You?We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on
the first day of employment:Anthem BlueCross affordable,
low-deductible Medical insurance available on day oneLow to no-cost
Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options5 weeks of Paid Time Off
that starts accruing on day one & Paid HolidaysA Retirement Plan
with a 9% Employer Funded annual contributionTuition Benefits with
family offeringsWho Are We?SNHU employees are a team in every
sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique
experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work
environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance
and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal:
to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join
us in our vision. Together, we'll shape the future of education by
transforming lives-beginning with yours.We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace.Please note that a background check is
required for employment.
Keywords: Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester , Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Executive , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!