Director, Innovation Process
Company: Velcro USA Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
It's a great time to join Velcro Companies!Summary of Position
Responsibility: - This position is responsible for leading the
Innovation Process at the company; design, implement, monitor,
enforce and ingrain global New Product Development (NPD)/stage gate
process; track and report critical innovation KPI's. - Ensure
effective operation of the NPD process. - Develop, manage, and
report on project portfolio to ensure healthy long-term
growth.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Lead global innovation process, including development and
optimization of NPD process, organize Portfolio Reviews and Gate
reviews, develop tools, systems, training programs, metric
development; report Innovation KPI's including financial reporting,
project health and readiness, and pipeline sufficiency to meet
business plan objectives across categories.
- Work closely with senior management and functional leadership
to establish portfolio priorities, support resource allocation and
portfolio balancing, and ensure portfolio management excellence to
meet agreed upon, timelines, cost, and financial targets.
- Provide program management support for global innovation &
development projects, including project planning, risk management,
status reporting; achieve project management excellence across
- Lead and drive the disciplined governance and NPD process. -
Execute the stage gate process across the company. - Act
objectively across functions to drive the best resourcing decisions
- Ensure alignment and agreement on NPD assumptions and risk
management across functions and through NPD governance processes
(e.g., Product Review Board).
- Manages the portfolio of projects at a strategic level;
produces accurate and timely reporting of NPD portfolio status
throughout the program life cycle.
- Monitor progress against key checkpoints and decision
- Highlight risks, bottlenecks, and barriers and provide
solutions to address.
- Collaborates with project teams to identify gaps, allocate
resources appropriately, and drive decision making for category
pipelines to meet both short term and long-term innovation
- Establishes and tracks innovation KPI's, including
status/health of portfolio, providing visibility and insight to
- Drives strong focus on improving business case integrity and
priorities. - Identify and implement improvements in the
development process and tools based on lessons learned. - Promotes
continuous improvement of the process.
- Manages and provides escalation between leadership and program
teams identifying opportunities for synergy in the portfolio with
regarding to project knowledge, resourcing, and tools.Non-essential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of
this positionKnowledge & Experience (Minimum Job Qualifications):
- 5 years of relevant project/program management experience.
- Bachelors level degree in technical discipline, advanced degree
- PMP, PGMP, or CAPM certification strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge of program management standards.
- Experience leading project and/or portfolio management
- Proven leader with the ability to think creatively and
laterally across functions to drive execution.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and model
financial business plans.
- Able to lead prioritization to meet deadlines within specified
- Acts with Urgency.
- Strong problem-solving, influencing, and decision-making
- Ability to challenge, influence and persuade, and lead in a
changing work environment.
- Enable project teams to achieve their goals and remove barriers
to delivering their innovation targets.
- Experience effectively managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization,
including strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building
- Exceptional project management skills
- High integrity and work ethic
- An exhibited dedication to safety
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Ability to travel up to 10%, both domestically and
internationally.Velcro Companies provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Velcro USA Inc., Manchester , Director, Innovation Process, Executive , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!