Posted on: November 20, 2020
Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry.
Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and
sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces
more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning
challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces
in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free
and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and
supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading
surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates
in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe,
Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed
to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and
healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that
minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with distributors and their sales reps in the sales field
to grow distribution.
- Educates, demonstrates, prospects, and closes or helps close
deals with distribution and their reps.
- Works with Strategic Accounts in the territory. This may
include surveying new facilities and making solution
recommendations to grow Strategic Accounts through face to face
interaction with BSC site managers, retail store managers,
healthcare, and education customers.
- Installs sold equipment through on-site training with
- Partners with distributors, Industrial counterparts, service,
SA, and other channels of Tennant's business.
- Manages channel conflict and day to day customer issues in the
- Cleans and maintains company demo equipment, vehicle and
- Manages, controls, and takes responsibly for assigned company
- Completes all "paperwork" and reporting as required.
- Executes sales strategy in the assigned geography as directed
by the CMM.
- Makes Sales calls, cold calls, and customer calls (face to
face, emails, and phone calls) on existing and new target
- Continually present our solutions to customer base, maintaining
existing customer base.
- Takes active responsibility to develop and train reps in the
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of overall business experience,
to include 3 years in a direct/indirect sales role
- Demonstrated experience working with distribution and channel
- Ability to sell and demonstrate drive in gaining new business
and new customers
- Solid business acumen, and knowledge of the sales process;
track record of sales success
- Coordinates and executes annual distributor planning within
- Consistently delivers training on commercial products
- Effectively leverage the sales process to increase success rate
for each project
- Identify and effectively partner with key internal and external
- Identify the appropriate communication strategy to the
- Effectively leverages training, tools, technology and
- Consistently exhibits a high level of time and territory
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong selling skills
- Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Proficient at interacting with people at all levels of an
- Functional PC and PC application skills
- Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety
- Must meet physical requirements of the position including
ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We're everywhere. In your
sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We
make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning
ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean
it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support
functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places
you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a
project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents
you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can
happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your
journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment
decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability,
reliability, productivity, and other factors important to
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Keywords: Tennant, Manchester , Commercial Manager, Executive , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!