Senior Engineer (Natural Gas Distribution)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is
demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee
team. At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing
the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial,
creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and
achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork,
trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to
exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how
we achieve it.
PurposeThis position is responsible for designing, engineering, and
managing gas system construction projects, including complex gas
delivery system projects. The position provides designs for service
to new customers and expansion/upgrade of existing gas main and
facilities. The position coordinates with internal groups and
external agencies as part of providing service and installing new
facilities. The position also provides operations support services
including periodic on-call, contingency event support, and
equipment damage or failure investigations.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and manage gas delivery
system projects in the company's gas work plan including new
service projects, main extensions, main relays and relocations, and
discrete installations such as regulator stations, bridge/highway
crossings, waterway crossings, and valve installations. These
activities include identifying and developing adequate designs that
meet key milestones and stakeholder requirements in a timely
manner. In most instances, the position will perform the duties of
both the design engineer and or project manager.
- Provide quality designs that the construction group can utilize
to build the specified facilities and that the mapping group can
use to maintain the integrity of our maps and records. This will
include new designs in support of franchise expansion into service
territory that presently does not offer gas service.
- Manage the securing of permits and licenses, and
municipal/governmental requirements to complete designs and
undertake the project.
- Ensure that the technical requirements of the design are met
including system pressure, flow, and operating requirements.
- Assist in analyzing system pressure and operating parameters
such as leak history.
- Apply company construction and maintenance standards and
federal, state, and industry codes to designs.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for the proposed work and
secure approval for the project through required
- Ensure that adequate construction records and documentation are
obtained as part of the project and retained accordingly.
- Provide periodic off-hours/on-call support for the engineering
group as well as support during storms for the electric business of
NH and system contingencies for the gas business in NH.
- Participate in customer and municipal, regulatory, and
government meetings as the Company's Gas Project Engineering
- Support the engineering and operations groups through other
duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil
Engineering, or related discipline with minimum of 5 years of
experience in gas system design, project management, and operations
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and/or Project
Management Professional in NH is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
Motivated, self-starter with ability to work in a flexible and fast
- Strong familiarity with work management systems software and
- Five years' experience in gas systems design, project
management, and operation.
- Experience in estimating gas project scope, costs, scheduling,
- Experience working as part of an engineering staff or project
- Knowledge of gas system operations and protection systems
- Knowledge of gas utility equipment and its functions and
- Knowledge of gas utility infrastructure maps, records, and
- Knowledge of gas construction standards and industry codes
- Familiarity with good utility practice and business management
including regulatory and compliance requirements.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and
utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North
America and internationally. For more than 30 years, Algonquin has
demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy
and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated
utility services and renewable energy business groups into
different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains
unchanged - Sustaining Energy and Water for Life. Through our
operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity,
water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer
connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio
of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation
facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in
operation and under construction. With our robust, diversified, and
growing presence in communities across North America and
internationally, we are continually demonstrating our "Think
Global, Act Local" business model. What We OfferCompany funded
Pension program401k with Company matchFull insurance benefits
(health/dental/vision/life)Collaborative environment with a genuine
flexible working policyShare purchase/match planDefined
Contribution savings planTop Talent ProgramVolunteer paid days
offEmployee Assistance ProgramAchievement fundFree parking,
including free electrical chargingWe are focused on building a
diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role
and are not certain you meet the all the qualification
requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the
opportunity.We are an equal opportunity employer and value each
person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives
and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy
and respectful environment is key to individual and company
success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all
of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this
commitment in their daily responsibilities.
Keywords: Liberty, Manchester , Senior Engineer (Natural Gas Distribution), Engineering , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!