Lead Manufacturing Engineer- Robotics Team
Company: DEKA Research & Development
Posted on: January 17, 2022
We are seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer with an interest in
supply chain to join our growing team in Manchester! This role will
ensure that products are designed, built, and produced in
accordance materials, specifications and quality.
If you are a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer with a background
in supply chain we would like to hear from you!
How will you make an impact:
- Evaluating and understanding of the design intent,
manufacturability, GD&T of components and assemblies specs for
transition into the mass production.
- Reviewing design documents and Specification and working with
the design team to finalize them
- Detailed assessments and critical DFM review of engineering
designs/drawings/specifications of components and assemblies.
- Providing analysis and recommendations for feature and
manufacturing cost tradeoffs, during the design phase.
- Identify the manufacturing technologies relevant to new design
concepts, advise the design team on the best and effective means to
- Identifying improvements and drive actions back to design or
advancing process working with the sourcing team at the supplier or
- Evaluating and finalizing inspection and test requirements
- Working with the sourcing team to develop strategy for these
designs and provide estimates or review quotes of cost, and tooling
required to execute.
- Working with the sourcing team to develop comprehensive, cost
effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection,
to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost
- Working with design team and suppliers on DFMEA, PFMEA,
- Develop manufacturing cost models to feed advisory information
to the design teams
- Working with CM and to drive quality and cost
- Evaluating and finalizing on a scaled launch approach for
designs concepts. Matching time and concepts to execute with
appropriate maturity of design. Ex. Machined approach to start thru
to a tooled approach in later time.
- Manage this maturity and progression thru to full execution,
including ROI justifications.
- Managing the manufacturing of prototypes used in new product
development, including selecting the most appropriate prototype
methods and executing prototype development to support new product
- Conceive, design, develop, implement fixtures and jigs for
prototype and production line.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar with
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing
management, and /or strong manufacturing engineering background
which includes NPI and CM experience
- Experience manufacturing electro mechanical products at scale,
including machined, cast, forged, PCBA and cables and plastic
- Experience, taking a product from launch to scale
- Design skills including GD&T, design validation, and
- Demonstrated Pro-E/Creo proficiency.
- Experience in should-cost analysis and models to evaluate Cost
- Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean Manufacturing
- Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills
- Excels at both strategic and tactical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal
- Comfortable working with and influencing across multiple
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic
Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the
world. It is now home to DEKA Research and Development, where we
are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the
Behind DEKA's brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive
to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering,
design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most
innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and
new ideas are always welcome and explored.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: DEKA Research & Development, Manchester , Lead Manufacturing Engineer- Robotics Team, Engineering , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!