NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Merrimack Manufacturing
Posted on: January 17, 2022
What do you get to do in this position?
The new production introduction (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer will
be the primary resource for designing a manufacturing development,
deployment and production ramp-up plan for Merrimack Manufacturing
(MM) NPI projects. The role will serve as a primary technical
process development resource in new manufacturing projects that are
intended to be supported by MM. This role is responsible for
working directly with design authorities in the development of
multiple manufacturing lines to support design transfer
The Design Transfer (NPI) Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing a manufacturing deployment plan that engages
surrounding resources as needed (Supply Chain, Validation, etc.) to
bring a pre-production or prototype manufacturing line into
production at an acceptable performance level.
- Plan, coordinate, assist, and participate in the prototype
fabrication/build process to identify opportunities for improvement
prior to design freeze/transfer.
- Act as a technical individual contributor for process
development activities within a project, including developing
process ranging studies, DOEs, capability studies, Measurement
Systems Analysis, Gage R&R, etc.
- Determining appropriate order of operations and work content
groupings to achieve balanced work flows.
- Designing, sourcing and building manufacturing line layouts
within MM facilities, working with supporting resources as
- Identifying, quoting and selecting process technology (i.e.
automation) vendors for production equipment.
- Designing, specifying and/or sourcing assembly fixtures, jigs
and all required production tooling for production use at MMC.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in manufacturability in
component design and manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the development of supplier manufacturing processes,
on site or remotely.
- Ownership of the manufacturing line technical process
performance, i.e. first past yield, throughput and/or OEE, after
production has been kicked off.
How success is defined in this position:
- Schedule adherence of MM deliverables to manufacturing project
- Process performance metrics yield, throughput, OEE, etc.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in manufacturing line design, manufacturing process
development and design transfer.
- 1-3 years: Entry-level
- 3-5 years: Mid-level
- 5+ years: Senior-level
- Experience in the development and validation of complex
- Experience in complex fixture design and fabrication
- Experience in plastics joining methodologies such as ultrasonic
and laser plastic welding
- Experience in Metal Injection Molding (MIM)
- Experience in Plastic Injection Molding
- Experience in CNC Machining
- Experience in bench assembly/test process development
- Experience working directly with suppliers to develop
- High proficiency in MSOffice applications, Visio, Etc.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Merrimack Manufacturing, Manchester , NPI Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!