Clinical Secretary (per diem), Pediatric GI - Days
Company: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Clinical Secretary (per diem), Pediatric GI - DaysManchester,
NH, USASecretarial/Clerical/Administrative SupportTotal Views
11732Purpose:Reviews, processes, and tracks all referrals for
services delivered by providers. Schedules appointments, tests or
procedures, responds to patient calls, provides instruction/support
to staff for communicating with patients and may act as liaison
between physicians & specialists outside of D-H.Key
- Responds to patient calls providing general information and
- Greets patients arriving for appointments, provides appropriate
questionnaire(s), answer questions and assists patients with
completion of forms and use of technology, acknowledges any delays
and keeps patient updated.
- Assesses needs of patients without appointments and processes
requests for prescriptions, forms, appointments or need to speak
directly to clinical support.
- Reviews schedules daily for accuracy in scheduling, needed
ancillaries and incoming records and makes adjustments as needed.
Reviews wait list, manages multiple e-DH worklists and reschedules
patients to assure schedules are fully booked and patients needs
- Completes any follow up needs for patients as directed by the
After Visit Summary (i.e., booking appointments, scheduling lab and
radiology exams or arranging for any external procedures).
- Receives incoming phone calls from providers, other staff or
external provider offices and patients. Appropriately assesses the
needs of the caller and processes requests, takes messages,
schedules appointments or transfers the call.
- Monitors and completes system messages in a timely manner to
meet patients needs. Monitors incoming faxes regularly and reviews
each to determine the proper course of action in a timely
- Completes Authorizations and Pre Certifications for all
external and stat procedures to ensure patients receive services in
a timely manner and insurance is notified of the need for
- Reviews all provider schedules at the end of day to identify
and contact those patients who require follow up and processes
letters to no shows in accordance with current policy.
- Supports providers and staff in addressing patient
questions/concerns. Provides instruction/support to providers and
staff on communicating with patients regarding these questions or
- Monitors the waiting room for patients in distress and seeks
assistance when needed. Responds to minor patient concerns and
complaints using service recovery tactics. Reports all concerns and
complaints to supervisor/manager.
- Manages multiple in-baskets by monitoring, prioritizing and
properly routing the messages. Completes tasks as assigned by
providers or clinical staff.
- Acts as liaison between primary care physicians & specialists
- Monitors referral work queues for internal and external
referrals. Processes new referrals according to established
procedures and tracks queue status to insure that referrals are
- Implements and monitors DH policies and procedures.
Participates in initiatives to improve the referral management
- Delivers mail to mail room and picks up mail to be distributed
within department on a daily basis, completes monthly tracers and
weekly BCA (Business Continuity Application) system checks.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.Minimum
Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent with 1 year
experience in provider office. Knowledge of insurance benefit
programs and medical terminology. Ability to effectively interact
with providers, staff, patients and insurance plan representatives
a must. Able to prioritize multiple tasks. Must have prior computer
experience, excellent communication skills, and attention to
detail.Required Licensure/Certification Skills: None
Keywords: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute, Manchester , Clinical Secretary (per diem), Pediatric GI - Days, Administration, Clerical , Manchester, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!